Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2018

HAL-CON 2018 REPORT

PROS;
  • My Cuphead cosplay was almost universally praised, which is funny considering how shoddy it was put together.
  • I got David Yost’s autograph and I did see LeVar Burton sitting next to him. Mr. Yost signed my DVD copy of the first Power Rangers movies and even gave me a theory as to why Maligore was on the cover and not Ivan Ooze.
  • Saw some old familiar faces.
  • Saw a bunch of people I follow on Instagram.
  • That ranting Dalek
  • I had the single best piece of octopus I’ve ever eaten in my life.
  • I got to show a bunch of people, including a former instructor from college, my contribution to Manga Ganda # 4.
  • The city lights at night.
  • Remarkably, none of my swag got water damage from the rain!

CONS;
  • Only being able to go the one day.
  • The cold weather.
  • The sudden rain storm.
  • Not getting back to the con in time to attend LeVar Burton’s question and answer session or get a picture with myself and David Yost and his two Morphers.
  • Missed a bunch of old familiar faces.
  • My Cuphead ‘hat’ soaked up a lot of sweat...
  • Salmon skin sushi is severely overrated.
  • They found a way to crowd the vendor’s floor so much that I actually missed some rows.
  • For all the hype (and taxpayer dollars) behind the new convention centre, I found the overall decor rather vanilla.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad to have gone, and the new convention centre was great for picture taking, but it was just such a pain to get around in.

I am not actively planning to attend Hal-Con next year, for no other reason than finances. This convention centre hasn’t swayed my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment