Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Hal-Con 2016 report - the abridged version


PROS;
- Cosplayed as the Red Guy from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. Surprisingly I wasn't the only Red Guy there.
- Fistbumped with Gates McFadden after she signed my Muppets Take Manhattan DVD.
- Shook hands with Phil LaMarr after he signed my Justice League Starcrossed DVD. In retrospect, it probaby would have been better to have had a DVD with Green Lantern on the cover, not the back or inside. He seems as happy for Samurai Jack's return as I am.
- Got a hug from Ajay Fry and an autographed picture of himself. And he signed one a picture of Morgan Hoffman because...um...Ajay?
- Jeremy "Boba Fett" Bulloch walked by me. (At least I think it was him.)
- I had the best unagi ever at this restaurant in Halifax called Fujiyama. Memorable restaurant. Highly recommended.
- Got to visit the Halifax Strange Adventures for the first time in 2016. I actually managed to visit the Dartmouth Strange Adventures for the first time ever earlier in the year.
- Got to go to DeSerres for the first time in ages.
- Caught the tail end of the Sailor Moon panel. Linda Ballantyne ended it by yelling "Moon Cosmic Power!" Toby Proctor pretended to throw a rose.
- Fat Apollo arrived to the con after a long flight to introduce the staff during the closing ceremonies.
- Someone in the TD bank building posted Mega Man and Mario sprites out of Post-It notes in one the floors' windows.
- YarrHooked gave me a free Kirby crochet keychain :3
- Bought some intriguing little items.
- Saw quite a number of old friends and acquantices, some for the first time in a long time. Even got a selfie with a few of them.
- Got a selfie with R2-D2. Yes you read that right.

CONS;
- Those little Digimon trading figures from Megahouse were sold out by the time I got there.
- Didn't have enough money to buy every little thing I wanted to take home with me. It was hard to walk away from the Disney Infinity Jessie and Buzz set and the vinyl Fone Bone toy. (I found Jessie and Buzz at Dollarama days later. For cheap.)
- Felt like crap for the full con but I managed not to get majorly ill, even after accidentally eating egg.

OTHER;
- Surprising, there were more Ravens than Harley Quinns.
- Unsurprisingly, there were lots of Sailor Scouts.
- And inflatable T-Rexes.
- And Yip-Yip Martians.:3
- Big Comfy Couch cosplays :)
- I actually recognized the Undertale cosplays.

 I haven't written a little con report since Hal-Con 2012. Huh. Time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment