Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2018

2018

"No, you move."

PROS;
  • I started driving.
  • My nephew from Ontario stopped by for a weekend.
  • First comic credit, Manga Ganda #4.
  • I went to the Dartmouth Crossing for the first time since 2015. I went to Toys R Us for what I originally thought was the final time, as well as Michael's, Wal-Mart, Mastermind Toys, Sushi Nami Royale, and Party City. (I didn't go to IKEA or the province's biggest Canadian Tire store because I wanted to leave something for the next time.)
  • I went to the Fisheries Museum of Lunenburg for the first time in two decades.
  • Chris Tang’s GDC talk about his experience working on, loosing and rediscovering Primal Rage 2.
  • I got my third convention table at AubCon this year. The convention staff was extremely accommodating. I sold around $60 worth of stuff, maybe more. I didn't sell a single craft or vinyl toy but I did buy a truly adorable Kirby ornament.
  • Ran into modern day comic book legend Faith Erin Hicks at Wal-Mart of all places.
  • Ran into old friends, usually without an iPod for selfies.
  • Daniel Bryan returned to WWE after three years of retirement.
  • Dean Ambrose returned to WWE after injury.
  • I got to watch my first WWE pay per view live on the WWE Network.
  • I discovered Lucha Underground.
  • To the shock and amazement of the world, Impact Wrestling became watchable again.
  • An actual sequel to Cloverfield was announced.
  • Got to do some work again filming at the Chester Playhouse.
  • The sheer sight of seeing Goku and Frieza fighting together in the Dragon Ball Super finale.
  • My Hero Academia continues.
  • I got my Marina amiibo. (Oh, and Pearl too I guess.)
  • The Fire Hall Auxiliary's Touch-A-Truck event was a big success. My clown girl bookmarks did not sell particularly well but their designs were highly praised.
  • I got an interview for an internship at Ubisoft Halifax. I did not get the job but the fact it even happened was amazing.
  • Watched a lot of old cartoons.
  • Watched a intriguing new cartoon on Netflix called The Hollow.
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate and the sheer surprise and hilarity of a playable fighting Piranha Plant.
  • I finally learned how to spell piranha.
  • Grossery Gang's Putrid Power figures finally made the shelves.
  • Finally found out what all the fuss about Voltron was about.
  • My computer and camera problems were fixed relatively quickly.
  • The Seth Rollins / Dolph Ziggler matches.
  • Any match with Andrade “Cien” Almas.
  • The Crossover Nexus episode of OK KO.
  • I got David Yost’s autograph at Hal-Con 2018.
  • Kevin Smith survived his near-death heart attack.
  • Carroll Spinney retired from playing Big Bird and Oscar on Sesame Street after almost fifty years. It is a sad thing but I can’t help but feel a sense of gratitude to the man.
  • SSSS Gridman.
  • The first female Doctor Who.
  • Renee Young becoming a colour commentator on RAW.
  • The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles made it into Injustice 2.
  • Ma got out of the hospital after almost six months.

CONS;
  • The postal strike.
  • Stan Lee, Stephen Hillenberg, Anthony Bourdain, Big Van Vader and Jim Neidhart all passed away, among many others.
  • The Cloverfield Paradox was painful to watch through.
  • Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles turned out to be worse than I anticipated. (Being well animated is about all the nice things I could say.)
  • The sushi at Sushi Nami Royale in the Dartmouth Crossing was nowhere near as good as I was lead to believe. The sashimi was nice and thick and tasty looking, until I bit into it and it was like a bland, stale, vaguely fishy gelatin. It was the first time in my life I’ve ever not been able to clear my plate at a sushi restaurant.
  • Enzo Amore, the supposed 'real1', released his first music video, and his mumbling, swearing babbling got stuck in my head.
  • Miitomo ended.
  • Net Neutrality was crippled.
  • Tumblr’s stupidity.
  • I was not able to attend WWE's house show in August. Again.
  • Got a couple bad sunburns.
  • Super Best Friends ending.
  • Capcom Vancouver’s closing.
  • Telltale Games.
  • Plan B on Gottingen Street closed.
  • I got to watch my first WWE pay per view live on the WWE Network, and it was Backlash...
  • Clay + anything other than water = stank
  • The comic store I use to frequent the most during my college years closed.
  • Smash Bros Ultimate leaking two weeks prior to launch.
  • Roman Reigns having to relinquish the Universal championship due to leukemia.
  • Sump pumps.
  • WTF is up with indy wrestlers lighting themselves on fire during wrestling matches?
  • Kirby, my yellow lab and constant companion for almost twelve years, died April 8th, 8:08 pm. His loss is still being felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment