Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Update 05-08-2012

Well, I've graduated from community college after three short years. Plenty of stuff I would have like to have done differently, plenty of things I wish I had had the chance to do (or have taken the chance to do), but as they say you can't change the past, only learn from it and I like to think I learned an awful lot.

All that's left to do is go to the ceremony, wear the fancy gown and get that little piece of paper to make it all official.

I don't anticipate that I'll be getting a job in the animation industry anytime soon. Right now I'll take whatever I find, and hope that my environmental problems don't get in the way. (That's a story for another day.)

Right now, I'm bringing one of the earliest characters up to bat, in hope that he might be an appealing character to pitch for kid's shows, the problem being I've spent so much time writing "dark" and "complex" stories, trying to learn to think in a "light" and "simplistic" fashion is kind of, well, tricky. Watching shows that I don't usually watch, like Rugrats for example, is somewhat of a help.

It's my hope that in the next few months that in addition to a steady job, I can start doing commission work. It's something I've talked about doing for awhile and as we all know, no one ever got anything done just talking about it.

Well, I can't think of anything else to write about, so, that's it for all. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment